How to Diagnose a Clog On Any Prolux Upright Model
Does your Prolux Upright model have poor suction? Is your brushroll spitting dirt back out on your clean floors? If you answered yes... you may have a clog. In the following short video we show you how to diagnose where the clog may be located at.
Important Safety Tips
- Always make sure your machine is unplugged and the power button is turned off, before servicing your vacuum.
- Always make sure your hands are dry and free from moisture before servicing your machine.
- Be sure to wear gloves when servicing your machine to prevent any cuts or scrapes.
- If you are uncomfortable working on your vacuum, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you through the process or you can send it into us to fix it for you.
- Phillips head screwdriver
Plug your vacuum in and turn it on. Check the suction at the back by opening the small door and feeling for the air flow.
If that's good take the hose off and check the suction at the end.
If the hose has good suction, attach the wand and test that as well.
If the suction is poor in any of those areas you know that that’s where the clog is! I've you've found the clog you should be able to remove it.
If you’ve check all of those areas and haven’t found a clog, but the suction is still poor, you can check one final area: the fill tube on the side that connects the main wand to the power head.
To check for a clog here you’ll want to press the foot pedal and then turn the vacuum upside down. You can then remove the two screws from the metal bottom plate and remove it.
This will allow you to check this full tube and remove any clogs.
If you’ve checked all of these potential clog locations and the suction is still poor or the brush roll is spitting dust back out go ahead an email us at email@example.com and we can help you troubleshoot!
Check out our Prolux collection here!
If you need any replacement parts, we have:
For specialty parts like brushrolls and 6000 filters, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you taken care of.
Here at Great Vacs we service and rebuild Prolux vacuum cleaners, so if you have any questions or comments feel free to leave us a comment! You can also head on over to our Youtube channel to see more educational videos.