How to Change the Headlights on a Prolux Upright Vacuum
If you own a Prolux Upright Vacuum cleaner, you already know how handy the built-in headlights are. If they happen to go out, here’s how you can replace them at home with just a few simple tools. This will work for any Prolux Upright vacuum cleaner, from the 6000 all the way to the 9000 model. If you need to purchase new headlights, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your vacuum model information, and we’ll get you taken care of.
Important Safety Tips
- Always make sure your machine is unplugged and the power button is turned off, before servicing your vacuum.
- Always make sure your hands are dry and free from moisture before servicing your machine.
- Be sure to wear gloves when servicing your machine to prevent any cuts or scrapes.
- If you are uncomfortable working on your vacuum, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com and we can help you through the process or you can send it into us to fix it for you.
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Replacement headlights (if you need these email us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Remove the brush roll and belt to start – if you need help you can watch this video.
There are 6 screws that you need to remove to get the plastic piece off. Put these screws in a safe location.
When you remove the back two screws there is a smaller plastic housing piece that will be removable. Turn it over and there are two connectors that go to the head lights. Make sure to unplug these BEFORE removing the rest of the plastic housing.
There are two screws holding each black plastic light housing to the vacuum cleaner head. Remove those and set them aside. Now you can remove the head lights.
For the 7000, 8000, and 9000 models the replacement headlights include the whole assembly. For the 6000 model there will be individual bulbs, but the installation works the same.
Once the old headlights are removed you can replace them with the new ones. Make sure the wires are toward the inside so that you can plug them in. Now, replace the screws.
Now you can replace the larger plastic housing piece. Make sure to feed the wires up through it.
Plug the wires into the motherboard and then replace all of the screws. You’re done!
Need help disassembling your vacuum down to where this video starts? Check this video first!
Interested in a Prolux upright vacuum cleaner? Follow the links below for the different models.
Already have one of these amazing vacuums, but need supplies? We sell them!
Don't forget, GreatVacs is the only authorized dealer of Prolux products, so if you need any parts, supplies or have any questions, email as email@example.com or leave a comment! You can also head on over to our Youtube channel to see more educational videos on all Prolux products.