How to Replace the Brush Roll and Belt on a GV Power Head
If you own a GV powerhead, and need to replace the brush roll or belt, this video is for you!
Important Safety Tips
- Always make sure your machine is unplugged and the power button is turned off, before servicing your vacuum.
- Always make sure your hands are dry and free from moisture before servicing your machine.
- Be sure to wear gloves when servicing your machine to prevent any cuts or scrapes.
- If you are uncomfortable working on your vacuum, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you through the process or you can send it into us to fix it for you.
- Phillips head screwdriver
There are 8 screws on the underside of your GV powerhead.
Once those screws are removed (and set aside in a safe place), you can turn your powerhead over and remove the top portion.
If you want more room to work with you can remove this connector and set the top to the side.
Now you can easily access the brush roll and the belt.
To remove the brush roll, firmly grab the it and pull upwards.
Then slide the belt off of the motor shaft.
To replace these parts, insert the new belt over the motor shaft.
Then take your new brush roll and insert it into the belt, line up the ends, and pop it into place.
You may need to rotate the brush roll by hand a few times to make sure the belt aligns itself properly.
Take the top of the powerhead and make sure you reconnect the connector (if you unplugged it.)
Place the top portion back on.
Flip it over and put the 8 screws back in. Voilà! You replace the brush roll and belt on your GV power head!
If you need any parts, supplies or have any questions, email us at email@example.com or leave a comment! You can also head on over to our YouTube channel to see more educational videos on all Prolux products.