"Why did we write this article? At Greatvacs we are the largest rebuild warehouse in the US. We have serviced and rebuilt over 50,000 high end vacuums. We get asked all of the time "how can I use my Kirby Vacuum as portable water sprayer?" so we decided to make this video and article for you. Enjoy :)"
How To Transform Your Kirby Vacuum To A Blowing Machine
To transform your Kirby Vacuum to a water sprayer you're going to need the Kirby tool hose and the Kirby Vacuum plus the following attachment
- Portable handle
- Air intake guard
- Utility tool
- Sprayer nozzle
- Handheld shampooer or sprayer itself
Step 1. Remove the power head.
Lift up the guard undo locking mechanism.
Then turn the belt to off position.
Step 2. Now with the main power head off, take the air intake guard and connect. Lock the lock in mechanism and then drop the lid.
** IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure the air intake guard is connected to safety switch or the Kirby will not turn on.
Step 3. Remove the Kirby bag from the vacuum along with the handle.
To remove the handle there is a button on the back side.
Press the button and lift up.
Grab the portable handle attachment. Connect that to where the handle would be and make sure you press it in pretty firmly.
Step 4. Lastly grab your tool hose and connect it where the bag would be.
**IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure it is connected correctly or it wont engage the safe switch and the Kirby will not turn on.
Now your Kirby Vacuum is set up to be a blowing machine!
Using The Kirby Vacuum As a Blowing Machine
1. Grab the shampoo solution of your choice. In this video we are using genuine Kirby carpet shampoo.
2. We will need the sprayer nozzle and the handheld sprayer.
3. Fill the sprayer tank with Kirby carpet shampoo and connect tank and sprayer nozzle.
4. Attach the tool hose to the sprayer and turn your vacuum on.
5. Use clean a cloth or brush to rub the suds in to the fabric and wait until its dry.
How to Turn Back Your Kirby Into A Vacuum
Turning your Kirby back into a vacuum is easy, just reverse the process discussed in the first part of the video. But, here is a quick run down to make it more simpler :)
Step 1. Disconnect the hose
Step 2. Lift the lid on the vacuum and remove the intake guard by releasing the locking mechanism.
Step 3. Grab the hose and connect that to the motor shaft of the vacuum then lock it. Make sure that the arm with the tab engage with the safety switch.
Step 4.Grab the bag boot and connect that to the bag port.
* If you want you can go ahead and connect the bag clip to the handle.
Step 5. Grab the end of tool hose and you’re going to grab the utility tool and connect it.
Step 6. Now you’re just gonna want to vacuum over the area or surface that you shampooed or cleaned.
Following the steps above. I hope you guys now know how to use the Kirby handheld sprayer you can use it to pretty much everything.
- Just make sure if you’re going to use it for delicate surface you test a small surface area before continuing just to make sure it doesn't damage anything.
- You can also use it as a spray paint gun instead of filling a tank of carpet shampoo solution just fill it with paint and paint whatever you want to paint. Make sure you completely clean every tool and attachment just to make sure you don't have dry paint or solution.
If you want more details about our products you can visit GreatVacs.com or send us an email at email@example.com and we will gladly assist you!