How to Replace the Pivot on a GV Power Head
If your GV Power Head’s pivot has broken off for one reason or another, you’re probably not too happy about it. But good news! In this video we show you the easy way to remove and replace the pivot.
Important Safety Tips
- Always make sure your machine is unplugged and the power button is turned off, before servicing your vacuum.
- Always make sure your hands are dry and free from moisture before servicing your machine.
- Be sure to wear gloves when servicing your machine to prevent any cuts or scrapes.
- If you are uncomfortable working on your vacuum, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com and we can help you through the process or you can send it into us to fix it for you.
- Phillips head screwdriver
Start by flipping you GV power head over. There are 10 screws that you need to remove. Set them aside in a safe place!
Once the screws are removed, flip the power head back over and remove the top cover.
There is a plug that connects to the headlight that you can unplug to give yourself more room, but it’s not necessary. In this video we leave it plugged in.
There is a screw on each side of the pivot assembly that need to be removed and set aside.
Once those are removed you can lift up the pivot assembly and then slide the pivot out.
Grab your new pivot and reverse the process! Slide it into the pivot assembly.
Replace the screws. If you unplugged the headlight make sure to plug it back in.
Put the top cover back on.
Flip it over and replace the 10 screws. You’re done!
If you need any parts, supplies or have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment! You can also head on over to our YouTube channel to see more educational videos on all GV products.