How to Replace the Foot Pedal on a GV Power Head
If your GV Power Head’s pedal has broken off for one reason or another, you’re probably not too happy about it. But good news! In this video we show you the easy way to remove and replace the pedal.
Important Safety Tips
- Always make sure your machine is unplugged and the power button is turned off, before servicing your vacuum.
- Always make sure your hands are dry and free from moisture before servicing your machine.
- Be sure to wear gloves when servicing your machine to prevent any cuts or scrapes.
- If you are uncomfortable working on your vacuum, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com and we can help you through the process or you can send it into us to fix it for you.
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Needle nose pliers
- Flat head screwdriver
Start by flipping your power head over and removing the 11 screws so that you can separate the bottom plate from the top. Set the screws aside in a safe place.
Flip back over and remove the top cover.
Unplug the wire that goes to the top cover and set the cover aside.
There are 2 more screws holding the pivot in place. Remove those and set aside.
The pivot will need to be moved so that you can get to the pedal.
To get the foot pedal out, you'll need to remove a metal pin and a small metal spring. To remove this pin use your flat head screwdriver to push it partway out. Then you can remove the foot pedal with the pin and spring.
Use the needle nose pliers to pull the pin out of the pedal. Don’t lose the spring, because you will need it for the replacement.
To assemble the new foot pedal, insert the pin partway.
Take the spring and line the longer, straight end up in the back of the pedal.
Then push the spring down so the pin can go through the spring and out the other side.
Push the pin through just to the other side as shown above.
Insert the long end of the pin into the pin hole.
Pushing down on the foot pedal, take your flat head screwdriver and bend the angled end of the spring into the hole.
Now, push the pin in the rest of the way.
Once the foot pedal is in you can replace the pivot.
Reconnect the plug.
Replace the top cover, making sure not to pinch any wires.
Finally, flip the power head over and then replace the screws.
If you need any parts, supplies or have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment! You can also head on over to our YouTube channel to see more educational videos.