How To Replace A Rainbow Vacuum Latch
A common problem with Rainbow vacuums is the water bowl latch breaking. Today, Andrew shows you how to replace one!
Important Safety Tips
- Always make sure your machine is unplugged and the power button is turned off, before servicing your vacuum.
- Always make sure your hands are dry and free from moisture before servicing your machine.
- Be sure to wear gloves when servicing your machine to prevent any cuts or scrapes.
- If you are uncomfortable working on your vacuum, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com and we can help you through the process or you can send it into us to fix it for you.
- Small Phillips head screwdriver
- Flat head screwdriver
Start by placing your small Phillips head screwdriver at the end of the brass pin and hit the end with your hammer.
You can pull the pin out the rest of the way by hand and this allows the latch to detach from the vacuum.
To attach your new latch, make sure you have the spring shown above.
Set the spring inside the latch.
Now slide the pin into the latch so that the spring is over the end as shown.
Align the latch on the vacuum and slide the pin through the rest of the way, making sure to get it through the other side of the spring.
Take your flat head screwdriver and firmly press on the pin to push it all the way into the latch.
This is what the latch and spring should look like when you’re finished.
Want to know what Rainbow vacuum is best for you? Check out our Rainbow Vacuum guide!
Looking for more info? Check out our Education Center!
Need your Rainbow repaired? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We sell Rainbow vacuums! We buy Rainbow vacuums! And we sell parts, tools, or anything else you need! If you need any parts, supplies or have any questions, email as email@example.com or leave a comment! You can also head on over to our YouTube channel to see more educational videos on all of our different products.