"Why did we write this article? At Greatvacs we are the largest rebuild warehouse in the US. We have serviced and rebuilt over 50,000 high end vacuums. We get asked all of the time "how do I maintain my Prolux Ion StickVac" so we decided to make this video and article for you. Enjoy :)"
1. Remove hand held vacuum from the stick portion by pressing the release button above the hand held button.
2. Once removed from the stick press the unlock button and remove the dirt chamber. Remove the filter chamber and empty the dirt chamber on to a trash can.
3. There maybe some trapped dirt inside the filter chamber so pull the filter out and empty the filter chamber onto the trash can. Once the filter chamber is clean, replace the charcoal into the filter chamber following with the HEPA Filter.
4. Wipe down the filter chamber and dirt chamber then re-attached the filter chamber inside the dirt chamber.
How To Service The Power Head
1. Remove the power head by pushing the power head release button and pull the head off. Make sure you have a screw driver for the next step.
2.Flip the head to gain access to the brush roll lock. Pop the lock in mechanism off and remove the brush roll.
3. Now that the brush roll is removed, use any method you prefer to remove the dirt from the brush. We are using the maintenance tool to get the dirt off the brush roll. A brush or a pair of scissors can also be used.
4. Grab the power head and using a brush clean any excess dust.
5. when you are done cleaning the power head, re-insert the brush roll and re-install the lock in mechanism of the brush. Once its in place re-connect the power head to the stick vacuum.