There are few reasons that you may need to dissemble your Rainbow E-Series vacuum. They include regular maintenance, minor repair and regular basin cleaning. The design of this series allows for relatively simple steps to taking apart the vacuum. The first time you do this, it may be slightly challenging. But, after the first time you have done this, it will be easy to disassemble and reassemble the unit.
Here are the simple steps:
1. Be sure that your vacuum is turned off and unplugged.
2. Find the attachment button for the main hose, press it and release the hose.
3. Press the latches on the sides of the hose and remove the entire hose portion.
4. Remove the additional latches by the largest part of the unit. Take the power supply area out of the unit by taking out the gold screw found in the center of the power supply.
5. Now you will be able to easily reach the basin. You can remove the basin at this time. Even if you are not taking apart the unit specifically to clean the basin, you should take the opportunity to clean it every time you disassemble your vacuum.
It is a quick and easy process to take apart your vacuum, but be sure to handle all of the components with care. Also, if you have washed your basin, be sure that it is dried completely before placing it back into the base of the vacuum.