"Why did we write this article? At Greatvacs we are the largest rebuild warehouse in the US. We have serviced and rebuilt over 50,000 high-end vacuums. We get asked all of the time about how to use "The BL3000 Air Purifier/Ozone Generator" so we decided to make this video and article for you. Enjoy :)"
Hi Everyone for today I'm going to do instructions on our BL3000 Unit.
Like our acrylic unit but it’s all black instead of having dials in the front you have buttons with a beautiful LCD display screen.
6 STAGES OF CLEANING- Washable HEPA Filter, UV Light, Activated Ozone Generator, Tio2 Photo Catalytic Filter, Charcoal Filter, and Negative Ion Filtration.
We are going to be covering how to set it up install ozone plates and go over the different settings it offers the LCD screen and how to use the remote.
I hope you guys found it helpful full let's get started.
Cut the tapes and open the flaps.
Inside you can find:
- Instruction manual and remote control
- Packing list.
- Thank you note.
- Quick start guide.
- Ozone plates.
- 3 Footlong power cord.
- The unit itself.
SET UP AND OZONE PLATE INSTALLATION:
Step 1. Turn the unit around the back is facing you there’s going to be this black cover plate that cover different type of filtration.
- To remove use you’re thumb push down the tab and pull down the cover off.
The first filter you’re going to see is the HEPA filter there is a little pull tab at the top to remove it.
The next filter is going to have the charcoal filter same pull tab at the top to remove it.
The next mesh-looking metal is the Tio2 photocatalytic filter remove that as well.
Once all the filters are removed you're going to be exposed to UV light and the zone plate slot.
Step 2. Take the ozone plate box and open it in the box you’re going to have 2 ozone plates remove the cover from the plates.
- The ozone plates have arrows and it says insert plates before operating so the arrow needs towards the unit.
- Push all the way in to do that in both ozone plates.
Now that you have the ozone plates installed go ahead and cover the plates and reinstall them starting.
- Tio2 photocatalytic filter
- Charcoal filter
- Hepa filters.
- Put the cover plate on.
Note: The unit will not work unless the cover plate is on there is a safety mechanism that the plate engages for it to work properly so if your unit isn’t working make sure the cover plate is on all the way.
Now that the cover plate is installed take your power cord.
- Plug the female part into the back of the unit.
- Just take the power cord and plug in to any wall outlet.
Once the power cord is connected there is a switch on the back.
- “Zero” or “O” will be off.
- The “I” is powering the unit. So switch it to on position.
ONBOARD BUTTON SETTING
Power button or standby mode.
- The power button is pressed air purifier will starts working and turn off if you press the power button again.
- 5 Different speed max speed is 2000 feet.
Note: Each time you press the fan speed the coverage area changes 200 square feet.
If you want to increase the speed even more you have to turn on ozone setting on.
And then you have 5 more fan speed settings for purify mode.
- If you press the purify mode the unit will increase 200 square feet even more up to 3000 square feet and you have fan speed setting max along with purifying setting max.
- For purify mode you have 5 different settings you have 1,2,3,4,5 and 0 means stop.
- Press UV button to turn on and turn off.
- Ozone is optional if you do not want to use ozone just not install the ozone plates into the unit or make sure you do not press this button.
- If you want to make sure the ozone is off just press the button and you hear a buzzing sound and you smell chlorine coming out of a unit that means ozone is on so press it again to turn off the ozone feature.
- Air purifiers work at max setting; you have 3 different timer.
If you press it setting will come on and you have a half hour timer.
Then you’ll have a little warning saying “AREA MUST BE UNOCCUPIED” that let the user know that the ozone setting is on.
If you press it again you will have a 1-hour timer and if you press it again you will have a 2-hour timer if you click it one more time click it one more time it will back to manual mode.
If you want to use it for 2 hours set it to the 3 positions and the unit will turn off when the timer expires.
- This unit also has a timer on it and to use the timer you have to press the fan and UV button at the same time after that you have 2 seconds to adjust the timer by pressing the purify button.
- Timer goes up to 9 hours and 30 minutes.
- To turn the timer off you can let it finish or just press any button and the timer will stop.
LCD DISPLAY SCREEN
The fan speed of the bar will increase the size.
- Note will pop up when the square footage is more than 2400 square feet.
- It says “PURIFY SETTING MUST NOT EXCEED SIZE OF AREA”
Right here we have you’re gonna have the square footage a timer reminding.
- If you turn it off LCD backlight will turn off and you’ll have 4 zeros.
- Remote can go up to 10 meters anything past that will not work.
Pretty much straight forward much like the setting on the unit itself but on a remote.
- Power button.
- Sleep Mode. (If you press it once it’ll drop the footage to 1200 if you press it again it will drop to another thousand to exit sleep mode press any buttons.)
- Fan speed setting.
- Purify setting. ( Just to make sure ozone is on.)
- Away mode.
- UV light button.
Alright so now that we’ve covered how to set up the unit and how to use the buttons for setting over air purification mode along with ozone I’ll start with ozone since it’s a little more intimidating to the new users.
Ozone is great for disinfecting and sanitizing a room it can remove stubborn odors, bacteria, viruses, mold spores and even cigarette smokes.
When you’re using ozone in a room or such classroom you want to make sure the room is completely unoccupied which means removing people from the room if you have pets or plants remove them as well.
Since ozone is a respiratory irritant being exposed to a substantial amount is dangerous.
Set the ozone feature on select the purify fan speed if you want you can set the timer.
- Ozone is most effective in 2 hours of ozone treatment.
- Set the timer and leave the room shut the door.
When you come back the ozone will be dissipated into the air but let's say you can smell ozone it would be appropriate to open the windows and let the room air out for about 30 minutes or so.
When you’re using it at home such as in the bedroom it's best to turn it on for about 30 minutes or an hour but if that does the job you can either do the timer or manually turn off the ozone setting. Open some windows to let it air out for 30 minutes.
- If you use the ozone feature and notice a stench or smell there run it for about 30 to 2 hours and then do the process over again.
That's pretty much about the ozone it’s really effective when used properly and safely.
When it comes to air purification mode, pretty much straight forward turn the machine on to make sure the fan speed is at the speed you want and let it do the job. Let this thing run 24/7 with no mechanical issues.
We have one in our office that’s been running non-stop for years now. We just have to check the filters.
If you let it run constantly we recommend checking the filters for every 3 months.
- You can either vacuum the filter to remove excess dirt or debris.
- You can wash the filter under water to remove stubborn dirt or debris wait for it and dry it completely before putting it back into the ozone or air purifier itself.
Air Purification will keep your air cleaner and fresh it will help with allergens, pet dander, dirt, and dust along with other variety.
These machines are really effective when used properly and safety.