"Why did we write this article? At Greatvacs we are the largest rebuild warehouse in the US. We have serviced and rebuilt over 50,000 high-end vacuums. We get asked all of the time "How to perform basic vacuum maintenance on your Prolux Terravac canister vacuum." so we decided to make this video and article for you. Enjoy :)"
REPLACING TERAVAC BAG
To replace your Terravac bag open the lid exposing the bag chamber.
Grab the bag tab and pull upwards.
The whole bag will come out.
Grab your new bag and install it into the bag holder when installing it make sure the arrow is pointing downwards
Once the bag is installed close the lid and make sure it clicks.
REPLACING HEPA FILTERS
To replace the post-motor filter you just need to lift the cover-up from the backside.
Grab the HEPA filter and removed it.
Insert the new HEPA filter with the tab facing outwards.
Close the filter cover.
REPLACING PRE-MOTOR FILTER
To replace the pre-motor filter lift the lid exposing the bag chamber.
Locate the white filter casing and remove it.
Once that is removed remove the actual filter.
Replace it with the new filter.
Once the new filter is installed you may install the filter casing back in the chamber.
Close the lid.
If you want to learn more about our products please visit GreatVacs.com or send us an email at email@example.com and we will gladly assist you!
"Why did we write this article? At Greatvacs we are the largest rebuild warehouse in the US. We have serviced and rebuilt over 50,000 high-end vacuums. In this video we will unbox and assemble the Prolux TerraVac Canister Vacuum. Enjoy :)"
For today we are giving you rundown on Prolux TerraVac we’ll be going over unboxing assembly and attachment of the vacuum itself and how to fix any issues with it with some common troubleshooting at the end.
Prolux TerraVac Unboxing
To unbox the Prolux TerraVac we have tape going sideways on each side and one long tape going to the middle get this open real quick
Now the product tear back is unboxed I’m gonna be taking the parts out and you what the parts are.
I’m gonna set it aside once everything is out go over the parts and assembles the vacuum.
- Owners manual
- Floor tool
- Mini turbo or pet tool
- 32 millimeters extendable wand
- Main electrical hose
- Electric power nozzle
- Prolux canister
HOW TO ASSEMBLE PROLUX TERRAVAC
- Start with the wand and plug that into the top of the power head.
- Next is the hose plug the hose handle into the top of the wand.
- Take the hose which plugs into the canister.
Where gonna start with the canister and go over some factors.
- On my left side you have the cord retract button.
- Right side you have the Power button.
- Right here you have suction adjustment it goes to a minimum all the way to maximum.
- On the back you have a filter cover where you can access the post motor filters just pop that off.
- Pull the filter out and replace it if you’d be.
- Flip it around you’re going to have the bag chamber which is this black latch pull up
- Here you have access to the bag and pre-motor filter which to remove it
- To remove the pre-motor filter push down pull it out to put the new one just slide it in pop into place.
- To place the bag take the old one out and slide it to the bag chamber which has two slots for the bag to insert into.
- To find the tools there’s gonna be a little black latch right here you can see the upholstery slash duster and the crevice tool.
- All you do is push it down and then you have the tools in there.
This is the Main electric hose.
- This is the part that connects to the canister hose port.
- This end will plug into the top of the extendable wand.
- On top of the handle you’ll a two-way switch on/off.
This is the 32 millimeter direct connect extendable wand this is the part which inserts into the top of the power head and where electric hose connect to.
- To extend it locate the black button press down with the other hand to pull it out to collapse the wand push the button and push it in.
Here we have an electric power nozzle. This one is going to be the basic version compared to the power head that comes with the blue prolux terravac will have height adjustment and a power button whereas this one has the power button. This will be used for carpet rugs and hard surfaces.
- Here is the power button
- Windows so you can see the brush roll
- Headlight right here
- Power supply which the wand inserts into.
- Insert this into the power head pivot.
- Depress the button lock it’ll slide in to place.
This tool right here is a hard floor tool.
- Can connect to either hose or wand.
- On the underside you’re gonna have bristle that goes all the way around.
This is the mini turbo or pet tool. this tool will be used on furniture upholstery anything you see fit.
- It has up and down rubber bristle part.
- Inside you have spinning brush roll.
Last but not least we have bags, the owner's manual, and the tools which are inside the canister.
- When you buy terravac you get 5 additional bags 6 if you have included the one inside the canister.
- Owners Manual
- Flyer which has our email if you need any customer service
For the tool you have crevice tool.
- Can be use between couches baseboard any cracks you see fits
- Duster Brush / Upholstery, Tabletop, Furniture, Drapes Upholstery, and any other surface you see this tool can be used.
Once you have the vacuum assembled and your ready to vacuum all you have to do is press the three buttons.
- Press the canister power button.
- Turn the hose the handle switch on.
- Press on the power head button to turn the power head on.
If you want to use your power head on hard floor surfaces make sure the handle switches off that way the power head’s brush roll isn’t spinning a spinning brush roll on hard surfaces won't pick the dirt or debris up it’ll just kick it backward. So when you turn the power head off the head will be using a vacuum section to pick up the dirt or debris.
COMMON TROUBLESHOOTING YOU CAN DO AT HOME
If you notice your vacuum is poor or overheating and turning off you probably have a clog somewhere in the system.
I recommend unplugging the hose from the canister turning the canister on and placing your hand over the hose port if the suction is strong then go ahead the plug the hose in.
Remove the hose from the wand and test the suction directly from the hose if the suction is good then your hose doesn't have the clog.
When the suction is poor take a broom handle or a flatten-out metal hanger and shove it through the hose to dislodged the clog.
If the section is good then check the wand which you can just usually look through it and if you can't see through the other side you have a clog.
The last part is the power head you can look inside the pivot area if you notice a bunch of hair and dirt go ahead and dislodged it.
Or if the brush is caked with dirt and hair you’re going to take the bottom plate off remove the bristle and clean all the hair and dirt off.
If your power head is not turning on you’re going to make sure the power head button is on and the hose handle switch is in position.
Check also the bag if full replace it the bag is clear and doesn't have any dirt or debris spilling out of it you’re going to want to check the filters if the filters are dirty we recommend replacing them or you can wash or blow them out with kin of air or air compressor. If you decide to wash the filters make sure you make them dry completely before reinstalling them that way the vacuum isn’t sucking water to the motor.
If you want to learn more about our products you can visit GreatVacs.com or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will gladly assist you!
"Why did we write this article? At Greatvacs we are the largest rebuild warehouse in the US. We have serviced and rebuilt over 50,000 high-end vacuums. In this video we will unbox and assemble the
The Prolux TerraVac Canister Vacuum
The Prolux TerraVac is a dependable canister vacuum that won’t break the bank. Lightweight, and packed full of tools and features, this will quickly become your new favorite vacuum. The TerraVac is a bagged vacuum with sealed HEPA filtration, which means not only will it not spread dust and dirt around like bagless vacuums can, it will actually CLEAN your air while you’re using it! The electric power head lights up the dirt with its LEDs, and is so easy to use, it makes cleaning a breeze! All these and more features make this one of the best budget canister vacuums on the market. The TerraVac has 5 adjustable suction settings, from delicate to FULL POWER to let you clean just about anything.
The Prolux TerraVac Canister Vacuum has 5 speed settings!
And it has an extendable wand!
The power head height is adjustable, which gives you a more accurate and efficient cleaning experience!
It also features a powerful spinning brush roll!
It has an amazing combination floor tool that allows you to easily switch from carpet to hard floor!
All of the tools and attachments are conveniently stored inside!
Attachments include: an upholstery tool, a duster, a crevice tool, and a turbo brush!
Hate winding vacuum cords up when you're done? The Prolux TerraVac features an automatic retractable cord!
Last, but definitely no least, this amazing vacuum has large micron bags and HEPA filtration!
If you already have one of these amazing vacuums, follow these links for extra parts:
Don't forget, GreatVacs is the only authorized dealer of Prolux products, so if you need any parts, supplies or have any questions, email as email@example.com or leave a comment! You can also head on over to our Youtube channel to see more educational videos on all Prolux products.